2. What is personal information?
Personal information is any information about you as an individual that makes your identity apparent or information that someone could reasonably use to ascertain your identity. Some common examples of personal information include first and last names, street addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses.
3. How we collect personal information
In general, we may collect personal information from you as is necessary for any of our functions or activities provided we have taken reasonable steps to ensure you are aware of the following:
- who we are and how to contact us;
- the purposes for which your personal information is being collected;
- any third parties to which we usually disclose that type of personal information;
- your ability to access personal information that we collect from you
- any law that requires that type of personal information to be collected by us; and
- the main consequences (if any) for you if you choose not to provide your personal information.
4. How we disclose and use personal information
We only use and disclose personal information in accordance with the purposes for which it was collected, and otherwise in accordance with law. Depending on the purposes for which you have provided personal information, we may disclose that information to third parties as is necessary to achieve those purposes.
The personal information we collect from you in relation to the Website may be stored in various forms, including electronic and hardcopy. We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold about you from misuse and loss, and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
5. How you can access your personal information
You may request access to personal information that we hold about you by contacting us using the details in section 7 below. Following your request, we will provide you with access after you have:
- provided sufficient proof of identity; and
- in the case of unusual or particularly onerous requests, paid an access fee (which we will only charge if special work is required in addition to lodgement of your request).
If the personal information we have previously collected from you is incomplete or out of date, you can contact us using the details in section 7 below to arrange an amendment to our records.
6. Other issues related to privacy
If you are under 18 years old, you need to have your parent or guardian’s consent before providing personal information in relation to the Website. Your parent or guardian can then access, complete, update or refuse further collection of your personal information by contacting us using the details in section 7 below.
We will only send you electronic messages (including via SMS, MMS and email) using your personal information if:
- we have your prior consent to do so (which consent may be express or inferred); and
- we identify ourselves within the message;
- we include within the message a means of allowing you to unsubscribe or opt out of receiving future messages of that kind from us.
More information about privacy issues in Australia can be found at www.privacy.gov.au.
7. Contacting Us